google-site-verification=mSkXmW5N7Z5e6BRG6i0FA00heLrOZzir08wmAocn6sU

Monday, August 4, 2008

Amman To Allenby Bridge

The journey from Amman to Israeli border was quite a tedious one. I understand from one of our colleague that there was a bomb scare while checking in to cross over the Israeli border. The tourists were to run for their lives and take cover. As I visualise I saw that there was no to place to hide there. All I saw was flat land and the place is quite simmering with heat.
As we are from Singapore we can take a short stroll around the area. But we need to turn back to our bus to get the breeze of the air condition. But to run around in that heat had been a torment for anyone.
Luckily with the help of God there was no such trauma during this trip to Jerusalem. But the screening was very meticulous.
The Israeli check point were run by mostly young teenagers. And they seemed to be very beautiful people. A few of my colleague were called-in to a room for a detail screening. The screening took many hours and i was really exhausted. Finally, my name was screened and the beautiful Israleli girl behind the counter let me pass the border. I was so relieved as I wanted to see Israel. The above building is the check point and the picture was taken from our coach bus after the stringent screening. My strong advice to tourist who wants to visit Israel to take some isotonic drinks and some biscuits or some magazines to spend your time while waiting for your turn to be screened.

But despite the cautious screening It was worth waiting to see the most beautiful country in the world - Israel.

No comments: